Crockpot Blueberry Dumpling dessertFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 2 pints fresh or frozen blueberries shopping list
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbs sugar (optional) shopping list
- 1/2 cup water, warm if using frozen blueberries shopping list
- 2 Tbs instant tapioca shopping list
- 2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 4 Tbs unsalted butter; chilled shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 2 Tbs light brown sugar shopping list
How to make it
- In a 3-1/2 quart crockpot, combine blueberries, the
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, the water and tapioca.
- Cover and slow-cook until the berries have formed a thick sauce, 5
- to 6 hours on LOW.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, the remaining 2 Tbs
- granulated sugar, baking powder and salt to combine.
- Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in the butter
- until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- In small bowl, beat milk and egg together.
- Stir into flour mixture to form a soft dough.
- Turn your crockpot setting to HIGH.
- Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls on top of the blueberries.
- Cover and slow-cook until the topping is firm and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the dumplings with the brown sugar.
- Let the dumplings stand for 5 minutes before serving, then spoon into individual bowls.