Baked Onion SoupFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 2 tablespoons canola oil shopping list
- 8 medium onions quartered and thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 5 cups water shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry red wine shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard shopping list
- 4 tablespoons miso dissolved in 1/3 cup water shopping list
- French bread shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a soup pot then add onions and sauté over medium heat until golden.
- Add garlic and continue to sauté slowly until onions are lightly and evenly browned.
- Add water, wine and mustard then bring to a simmer and simmer gently covered for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the dissolved miso and remove soup from heat and allow soup to stand 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 then slice bread into 1" thick slices then bake on cookie sheet 15 minutes.
- Place a slice of bread in each ovenproof bowl and ladle serving of soup over it.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the grated cheese over each then place bowls on 2 cookie sheets.
- Bake soup 10 minutes then serve immediately.