Smoked Duck Tartin With Mixed Green Salad With Red-wine And Dijon VinaigretteFrom luisascatering 5 years ago
- For Tartine: shopping list
- 1 smoked duck breast, thinly sliced shopping list
- 4 slices of Pain au Levain (french country bread), lightly toasted shopping list
- 8 dried figs (or plums) cut in half shopping list
- For dressing: shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. red-wine vinegar shopping list
- sugar, to taste shopping list
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, smashed shopping list
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- pinch of kosher salt shopping list
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste shopping list
- Salad (or purchase an organic bagged mix): shopping list
- 1 cup baby romaine leaves shopping list
- 1 cup mâche shopping list
- 1 cup oak leaf lettuce shopping list
- 1 cup mizuna or baby spinach leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the vinegar with the sugar, mustard and garlic in a small bowl and whisk in the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lay the lightly toasted bread on a baking sheet. Top each slice of bread with 4-5 slices of smoked duck and 4 fig/plum halves. Place in oven and bake until fat from duck starts to render a crisp a little, 5-8 minutes.
- Remove the garlic clove from the vinaigrette. Just before serving, toss the greens in a large bowl with just enough of the vinaigrette to lightly coat them (you may not need all of the vinaigrette).
- Place salad on serving plate and place tartin next to it. Enjoy this for lunch or a light dinner :-)
The Cookluisascatering San Carlos, CA
The Rating5 people
Duck in any form is heaven. Thanks so much for the recipe. I do wish the cafe was still there, so you could enjoy it as you once did. Hope your holiday was a special one.
Hmm. Wonder what the French hot dog will taste like. Can't wait.tablescape in loved it
~SUPER~ "5"FORK!!!!! Recipe~
~*~mj~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it