YUCCA BUNS with Pineapple marmaladeFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 1 cup tapioca flour (find at your local health food store) shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 2 c oaxaca cheese finely grated ( if you can't find use mozarella) shopping list
- 2 large egg yolks shopping list
- 2-3 Tbs heavy cream or more as needed shopping list
- pineapple jalapeno marmalade. shopping list
- 4 C sugar shopping list
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple shopping list
- Zest of 1 orange and 1 lemon shopping list
- 2 jalapenos seeded and minced shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Line a baking pan with aluminum foil, and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Set aside.
- Combine the tapioca flour and baking powder together in a large bowl.
- Stir in the cheese and egg yolks.
- Mix until the dough forms a ball.
- Lightly flour a work surface and turn the dough out.
- Knead the dough with your hands until the dough is smooth, even-textured, and not sticky.
- If the dough doesn't come together or seems too stiff, then add cream, 1 tablespoon at a time, until it comes together and feels supple.
- Divide the dough into 10 even pieces and with your hands, roll each into a ball.
- Shape the balls into ovals and place them 1-inch apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until the rolls are pale gold (not browned), about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack for 5 to 10 minutes and serve while still warm.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir often.
- Let cool.
- Note: for bun dough keeping adding enough cream until a really nice glossy pliable dough forms which takes lots of kneading.
- The buns right out of the oven or warmed up are delicious
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating8 people
fantastic! luv this n high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This sounds like a great combination. Thanks.tablescape in loved it
EDspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
Make Your Ingredients222 members
MEXICAN FOOD424 members
Sweet Suite159 members
Dairy Preparations8 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
Television TV Famous Chefs67 members
101 A Cheese Place143 members
Homemade Condiments And Sauces199 members
Delicious Foods39 members