Ginger Bran MuffinsFrom karlyn255 5 years ago
- 3/4 cup bran cereal (not flakes) shopping list
- 1/4 cup boiling water shopping list
- 2 tbsp olive oil or canola oil shopping list
- 1 tbsp sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger shopping list
- 2 tbsp raisins or other chopped dried fruit shopping list
- 1/2 cup unbleached flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
How to make it
- Pour boiling water over the bran cereal in a mixing bowl.
- Stir to mix and let stand 5 minutes.
- Add the oil, sugar, egg, buttermilk, grated ginger and raisins to the bran and mix well.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour and baking soda.
- Stir into the bran mixture and mix well.
- The batter can be kept tightly covered in the refrigerator for about a week.
- To bake, preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly oil a muffin tin if you are making all 6 muffins or place a foil muffin cup in a custard cup if you are baking just one muffin.
- Don't stir the batter if it has been keeping in the refrigerator.
- Fill the muffin tin or muffin cups 2/3 full of batter.
- Bake the muffins for 12 - 14 minutes or until the top springs lightly back to the touch.