Red Bell Pepper VichyssoiseFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 5 to 6 peeled, cubed potatoes shopping list
- 1 large bunch of leeks- well cleaned, coarse chopped, use white part only shopping list
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded , chunky cut shopping list
- chicken broth or water to cover shopping list
- half and half cream to thin and flavor shopping list
- salt, pepper, nutmeg to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Place potatoes, leeks, bell pepper in pot.
- Add just enough broth or liquid to cover.
- Bring to a boil and cover and simmer until everything is tender and soft.
- Use a hand blender ( or place batches of mixture in your blender ) and blend smooth.
- Mixture should be thick.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Stir in enough half and half cream to thin soup a bit and also to flavor.
- I serve this soup hot.
- If you desire to serve cold- thin soup with more cream as this soup thickens more when chilled.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
great recipe luv bell peppers in soup a plus thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
What a great idea for this soup. Sounds delicious.joe1155 in Munchen loved it
Yummy souphungrybear in Miner loved it
Good To Freeze127 members
Comfort Foods770 members
Quick N Easy122 members
Easy Tastebud Delights43 members
Unusual Combinations82 members
Dairy Preparations8 members
Family Favorites140 members
Mad About Potatoes65 members
Companys Coming115 members
Soup Is Good Food59 members