Baked Red Snapper Italian StyleFrom 77mini 5 years ago
- 3 pounds red snapper, whole fish (or bass) shopping list
- 1 clove garlic - chopped fine shopping list
- salt and black pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 small hunk hard Italian cheese (maybe 2 oz) shopping list
- 1 can crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/4 cup parm or romano cheese grated shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 small onion sliced very thin shopping list
- 3 slices lemon shopping list
- 6-8 mint leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Mix bread crumbs, grated cheese and 3 finely chopped mint leaves (optional)
- stuff fish and close and fasten with toothpick(s).
- Grease baking pan with tablespoon of oil and place fish in it
- slit fish on upturned side and in each slit, place 1 small piece cheese, some thin slices of onion and 1 mint leaf.
- Pour tomatoes over fish and arrange 3 thin slices of lemon on top.
- Bake at 350 F. for 1 hr. basting regularly.
- Cover during last 15 minutes of cooking.
The Cook77mini Buffalo, NY
The Rating2 people
I use mint when grilling or baking white flesh fish as I was tired of the taste of rosemary. I have found it to get bitter in red flesh fish, but was good if topped with a mint infused butter after grilling. \0
Jeffhot_it_up in Columbiana loved it