Sweet And Spicy Red Grapes In The Slow CookerFrom modelsmom 5 years ago
- 1 half-inch knob fresh ginger, sliced shopping list
- 1 small chunk fresh nutmeg shopping list
- 1 4-inch stick of cinnamon, broken in half shopping list
- 1/4 tsp whole cloves shopping list
- half-cup good red wine vinegar, such as zinfandel or cabernet shopping list
- half-cup fruity red wine, such as merlot, chianti, or zinfandel shopping list
- 1.5 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 lbs Red Flame seedless grapes, washed, dried, stemmed, and halved shopping list
How to make it
- Put the ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, and cloves in a piece of cheesecloth and tie shut.
- Put it in the slow cooker and add the vinegar, wine, and sugar.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 45 minutes to an hour, to bring to a boil and dissolve the sugar.
- Stir, then cover and turn the setting to LOW and cook for 1 hour.
- Discard the spice bag.
- Add the grapes to the cooker, cover and continue to cook on LOW for another 20 to 30 minutes. (You want the liquid to return to a simmer & just heat the grapes through, not cook them or have the skins fall off.)
- Turn off the slow cooker, remove the lid, and let the grapes cool in the crock to room temperature.
- Pour the grapes into glass jars. Store, covered, in the fridge for up to 5 weeks.
- Serve chilled or at room temp.
- Makes about 4 cups.
The Cookmodelsmom Worcester, MA
The Rating3 people
luv grapes great flavor combo thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Great post that you got here.I was a wondering where you have been at.Where have ya been and how have ya been?Well I am doing well and I've been baking away.sandygalesmith in Saint Joseph loved it
What a unique recipe and cannot wait to try - good holiday condiment - thanks and write when you canslogan in North loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!