Penne Carbonara with LeeksFrom broadside 5 years ago
- 8-9 oz. Sopressata dry sausage, diced. shopping list
- 2 medium leeks, rinsed well and diced. White and pale green parts only. shopping list
- 10 oz. dry penne pasta. shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and diced. shopping list
- 3 large eggs, room temperature. shopping list
- 3/4 c. parmesan cheese. shopping list
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil. shopping list
- 1 tbsp butter or margarine. shopping list
- 1 tbsp Italian parsley. shopping list
- 1 Braeburn apple, sliced. shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot on high heat, salt water and bring to a boil. Add pasta.
- Heat oil in large sauté pan over medium heat, then add sopressata. Stir occasionally, approx 8 minutes until fats no longer visible.
- Add medium leeks, sauté until almost tender. Add garlic, and stir until fragrant. Drop heat to low.
- When pasta is done, drain and reserve 1 cup of pasta liquid.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat together eggs and parmesan cheese, slowly adding about 1/3 c. to the egg mixture while stirring.
- Remove from heat, add pasta to pan, stir in egg mixture until sauce is creamy and not runny. If it begins to curdle, add small amount of pasta water. If too runny, return to low heat.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, serve with slices of fresh apple.
The Cookbroadside Richmond, VA
The Rating5 people
Excellent!joe1155 in Munchen loved it
Sound very good!goodeat in Benton loved it
Good thing my smiley is wearing a chef hat or i would have been confuse! lol!! good recipes!!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!