Pecan Crusted Crab CakesFrom hot_it_up 6 years ago
- 1/3 cup pecans shopping list
- 1- 1/2" slice firm sour dough bread, torn into pieces shopping list
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise shopping list
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 8 ounces (1/2 pound) lump crab meat shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced chives shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter shopping list
How to make it
- Place pecans and torn bread in a food processor. Pulse until pecans are finely chopped and bread is crumbly.
- In a medium bowl combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard and egg yolk; blend well. Add crab and chives; stir gently to mix, so not to break up crab meat to much. Stir in just enough of pecan-bread crumbs to help bind the mixture but not to take away from the crab,
- Place remaining crumbs on a plate. Form crab mixture into 4 cakes, about 3 inches in diameter. Dredge crab cakes in crumbs, pressing gently just to help mixture adhere.
- In a medium skillet, melt butter over a medium-low heat. Add crab cakes, for about 2-3 minutes , turn over once, and cook second side about 2 minutes, until they are hot in center and nicely browned on both sides.
The Cookhot_it_up Columbiana, AL
The Rating7 people
I am all over this one. Great post and a very hi 5 from me!tucky in Ottawa loved it
Love it! Thanks and 5 forks.maureenlaw in ST LOUIS loved it
loveing this recipe!midgelet in Eastern loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!