Cranberry pecan NoelsFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- .................................................................. shopping list
- you could also use dried cherries and almonds... shopping list
How to make it
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add milk and vanilla. Beat until just combined. With mixer on low, gradually add flour, salt, cranberries, and pecans; continue beating until fully combined.
- Turn dough out onto a clean work surface, and divide into 2 equal pieces. Shape each piece into an 8-inch log, about 2 inches in diameter. Wrap logs in plastic wrap, and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Using a sharp knife, cut logs into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Transfer to parchment-lined baking sheets, about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake until edges are golden, 14 to 16 minutes, rotating baking sheets halfway through. Remove from oven, and transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Helpful Hint Once formed into logs and wrapped well in plastic, the dough can be stored in the freezer for up to a month.
- Before slicing, leave the dough at room temperature until it just begins to soften.
- For a festive variation, roll the edges in colored sanding sugar before baking.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating10 people
Wow I must try this.
EDspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
An excellent way to replenish my 'cookie' jar:) HIGH FIVE FORKS!!!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
Soooooo Good!!!!!! five forkygoodeat in Benton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!