Saffron Panna CottaFrom luisascatering 6 years ago
- 3 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 pinch of saffron threads, equal to about 1 teaspoon shopping list
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin shopping list
- Zest of one lemon shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- organic honey and pomegranite arils, to top shopping list
How to make it
- In a large, heavy sauce pan add the cream, sugar, saffron and lemon zest. Stir well over high heat and bring to a boil. Once the mixture boils, turn off the heat, give it a good stir and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- At this point we need to incorporate the gelatin and it’s critical to add just the right amount. Using a large whisk pour in the package and a half of gelatin. Whisk well, taking care to scrape the bottom of the pan and ensure the gelatin is well integrated. Once you are sure everything is well mixed pour the whole mixture through a fine mesh sieve or strainer. Add the milk and stir together.
- Using a ladle or measuring cup, pour your mixture into serving containers such as small ramekins or cordial glasses like I used.
- Carefully place your panna cotta uncovered into the refrigerator and let set for about 2 hours. To serve remove from the refrigerator and garnish with your favorite seasonal fruit. In this case I used pomegranite arils and honey. You can also use very good balsamic vinegar, strawberries and a hint of mint. You could also just take some lemon zest and go over the top or serve them as is.
- Buon apetito!
The Cookluisascatering San Carlos, CA
The Rating2 people
This sounds luscious and looks decadent.
Five forks and a smile :) for Luisa.trigger in loved it