Turinois Chestnut and Chocolate CakeFrom canned_food_fan 4 years ago
- 1/4 teaspoon vegetable oil, to oil the pan shopping list
- 1 can (about 1 pound) chestnut spread or purée flavored with sugar and vanilla shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dark rum shopping list
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter (2 ounces), softened shopping list
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted (3/4 cup) shopping list
- 1 cup crème fraîche or sour cream shopping list
- 6 to 8 cookies shopping list
How to make it
- Oil a rectangular cake pan with a capacity of 3 to 4 cups. Cut a thin strip of parchment paper (about 12 inches long and 1 1/2 inches wide), and position it in the bottom of the pan so that the ends of the strip run up two opposite sides of the pan and extend a little beyond the edge; this will make the turinois easier to unmold at serving time. Put the chestnut spread in a bowl, and add the rum, soft butter and melted chocolate. Mix thoroughly to combine the ingredients well, then pour into the prepared pan. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (or up to a couple of days). At serving time, unmold the turinois onto a serving platter, and cut it into wedges. Spoon some crème faîche or sour cream over each wedge and serve, if you like, with a cookie.
The Cookcanned_food_fan Pittsburgh, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!