Salmon in Vodka Cream Sauce With Green PeppercornsFrom chefmeow 4 years ago
- 8 tablespoons butter divided shopping list
- 1 white onion thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 pound fresh spinach shopping list
- 6 salmon filets shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup vodka shopping list
- 2 tablespoons green peppercorns in water drained and crushed shopping list
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh chives shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 then combine 4 tablespoons butter and onion in large Dutch oven.
- Cover and bake until onion is golden brown stirring occasionally about 45 minutes.
- Stir spinach into onion and bake until just wilted about 3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and keep warm.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper then heat oil in heavy large skillet over high heat.
- Add salmon in batches and cook 3 minutes per side then transfer to platter.
- Tent salmon with foil to keep warm then pour off excess oil from skillet.
- Add cream and vodka and boil until slightly thickened about 4 minutes.
- Add green peppercorns and remaining butter and stir until butter is just melted.
- Mix in lime juice then season with salt and pepper.
- Divide spinach and onion mixture among plates and top each with salmon fillet.
- Drizzle sauce over top of salmon then sprinkle with snipped fresh chives.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating4 people
MY 'sister' loves you!!! :) HIGH FIVE FORKS!!!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
Another wonderful salmon dish - thanks so much!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
a total winner!!!!! my mouth is watering meow! high 5!midwestguy in Chicago loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!