CAJAN STIR-FRYFrom abbott41 6 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- ¾ pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes shopping list
- 8 ounces reduced-fat smoked turkey kielbasa, cut into ¼-inch slices shopping list
- I medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 Tbs. olive or canola oil shopping list
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow pepper, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced shopping list
- ¼ cup each minced fresh basil, oregano and parsley or 4 tsp. Each dried basil, oregano and parsley shopping list
- 1 ½ tsp. cajun seasoning shopping list
- ½ tsp. salt shopping list
- ¼ tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1 Tbs. cornstarch shopping list
- 2 Tbs. cold water shopping list
- Hot cooked spaghetti shopping list
How to make it
- In a large non-stick skillet, stir-fry the chicken , kielbasa, onion and garlic in oil until onion is tender. Add the peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, herbs, Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over spaghetti. Yield: 8 servings.
- Diabetic Friendly.
- Nutritional Values: One serving ( 1 cup stir-fry mixture, calculated without spaghetti ) equals Calories: 140, Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 40mg, Sodium: 555mg, Carbohydrate: 11g, Fiber: 2g, Protein: 17g
- Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetables.
The Cookabbott41 Boston, MA
The Rating5 people
This is a dilicious meal. I will make this soon.
Edspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
Art, this fabtastic! HIGH FIVE FORKS!!!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
fatastic?! whoops!! 'FANTASTIC!!!!L(snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it