Santa Fe Grilled Beef Steaks CornFrom helewes 10 years ago
- beef T-bone or Porterhouse steaks, shopping list
- cut 1 inch thick (about 4 pounds) shopping list
- or boneless beef top loin steaks, shopping list
- cut 1 inch thick (about 2-1/2 pounds) shopping list
- 4 ears sweet corn, in husks shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- chili Glaze: shopping list
- 1/2 cup Heinz 57 sauce shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
How to make it
- Peel corn, leaving husks attached at base; remove silk.
- Rewrap corn in husks; tie closed. Soak in cold water 30 minutes.
- Combine glaze ingredients; remove and reserve 1/4 cup.
- Drain corn. Place on grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
- Grill, uncovered, 20 to 30 minutes, turning frequently.
- After 5 or 10 minutes, place beef steaks on grill with corn.
- Cook T-bone or Porterhouse steaks, uncovered,
- 14 to 16 minutes
- (top loin steaks 15 to 18 minutes) for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally and
- brushing with glaze during last 5 minutes.
- Combine reserved 1/4 cup glaze and butter in 1-cup glass measure. Microwave on HIGH
- 1-1/2 to 2 minutes, stirring once. Carefully peel corn; brush with chili butter. Serve with steaks and remaining
- chili butter.