Collard Greens with Smoked TurkeyFrom coffeebean53 8 years ago
- 1 smoked turkey leg shopping list
- 2 qts water shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 hot chili peppers seeded and chopped shopping list
- 2 bunches collard greens, washed, stems removed and cut into pieces. shopping list
- 2TB. vinegar. shopping list
How to make it
- Bring turkey, water, garlic, onion, salt and peppers to a boil in a large pot.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 1-1 1/2 hours until almost tender.
- Add greens; return to boil. Simmer, uncovered 40-50 minutes until greens are tender.
- Remove turkey; cool slightly then take turkey off the bones and return to pot; discard the bones.
- Before serving toss with 2 TB vinegar.
- Serve with cornbread and a cruet of vinegar.