Country Grits and Sausage CasseroleFrom cuzpat 3 years ago
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking grits, uncooked shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten garnish) shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried whole thyme shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds mild bulk pork sausage, shopping list
- cooked, crumbled and drained shopping list
- tomato wedges (for garnish) shopping list
- fresh parsley sprigs (for garnish) shopping list
How to make it
- Bring water to boil; stir in grits. Return to boil; reduce heat to low, and cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add cheese, stirring until melted.
- Combine eggs, milk, thyme and garlic powder; stir well. Gradually stir about one-fourth of hot grits mixture into egg mixture; add to remaining hot mixture, stirring constantly. Stir in sausage. Pour into a lightly greased 11 x 7-inch baking dish. At this point, you can refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes or until set. Garnish, if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookcuzpat Sikeston, Mo
The Rating5 people
Edspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
Yumhungrybear in Miner loved it
oh yeah with 'mountain' high biscuits warm from the oven smothered in honey butter mmmmmm.... HIGH FIVE FORKS!!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!