Chuck Wagon Meatballs from 1969From hungrybear 6 years ago
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 lb. ground pork shopping list
- 1 cup bread crumbs shopping list
- 2 medium potatoes, cooked and mashed shopping list
- 1 large onion, grated shopping list
- 2 tsp. ground ginger shopping list
- Dried thyme to taste shopping list
- 2 tsp. salt shopping list
- Dash pepper shopping list
- 5 Tblsp. oil shopping list
- 4 cups beef broth shopping list
- 2 Tblsp. flour shopping list
- 1 cup heated V-8 juice shopping list
How to make it
- Combine meat, bread crumbs, potato, onion, and seasonings in a large bowl, mixing well. Form mixture into small, walnut-sized balls. Heat oil in 6-quart chicken fryer (skillet with high sides) and brown meat balls on all sides.
- Remove meat balls and any excess oil from chicken fryer and then add the broth.
- Mix flour with a little cold water to make a thin paste and add to broth.
- Replace meat balls in gravy, cover, and simmer on LOW for 1 hour.
- Add heated V-8 juice 20 minutes before done for flavor and to alter the
- consistency of the gravy. Serve with mashed potatoes.
The Cookhungrybear Miner, MO
The Rating6 people
Great meatballs luv flavor combo. thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
gr goof is right.. this may be a duplicate..snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
dam it.. gr did not ass my previous comment... HIGH FIVE FORKS!!! YUMsnowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!