White Bean and Tuna PuttanescaFrom notyourmomma 6 years ago
- 1 lb. of spaghetti noodles shopping list
- 1 tbsp of olive oil shopping list
- 1 large white onion, slivered shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves minced shopping list
- 1 can of stewed tomatoes shopping list
- 1 can of large white beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 2 cans of chunk tuna, drained shopping list
- 1/4 cup of chopped olives shopping list
- 1 tbsp of capers shopping list
- 1/2 cup of roasted red peppers, drained and sliced shopping list
- generous pinch of red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/2 glass of white wine or 1/4 cup of dry white vermouth shopping list
How to make it
- Boil water and get the spaghetti ready to drop in salted water.
- Heat the oil and saute the onions until limp and transparent.
- Add garlic and a generous pinch of red pepper flakes, saute a few minutes.
- Drop pasta in the boiling water.
- Add vermouth, capers, olives, beans, roasted sweet peppers, and tomatoes to the onion/garlic mix, saute a few minutes to heat thoroughly..
- Add tuna, don't break it up too much, to reduce sauce by 1/3.
- Drain pasta and add to skillet and toss with tuna puttanesca.
- Serve hot, with a crusty bread.