Coconut Cake With Chocolate Chunks And Coconut DrizzleFrom choclytcandy 6 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tbs fine sea salt shopping list
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 2 tsp (packed) finely grated orange peel shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk shopping list
- 6 oz bittersweet chocolate bars (do not exceed 61% cacoa), broken to 1/2-inch irregular pieces, divided. shopping list
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut shopping list
- coconut Drizzle: shopping list
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 2 tbs (or more) canned unsweetened coconut milk shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- vanilla ice cream shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously butter 9-inch cake pan with 2-inch sides, dust pan with flour, shaking out excess.
- Sift 1 3/4 cups flour baking powder, and sea salt into a medium bowl. Stir in unsweetened shredded coconut and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat sugar, butter, orange peel in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Add flour mixure in 3 additions alternately with coconut milk in 2 additions, beating just until blended after each addition. Fold in half of bittersweet chocolate pieces. Spread batter evenly in cake pan. Sprinkle remaining chocolate pieces over batter, then sprinkle with sweetened flaked coconut.
- Bake until golden for about 60-70 minutes. Tent with sheet of foil if top browns too quickly.
- Transfer cake to rack and cool in pan 45 minutes.
- Coconut Drizzle:
- Whisk powdered sugar, 2 tbs unsweetened coconut milk, and vanilla in small bowl to blend well, adding more coconut milk by 1/2 teaspoonfuls until mixture is thin enough to drizzle over cake.
- Carefully place cake on a platter, coconut side up. Using a small spoon, drizzle powdered sugar mixture decoratively over cake. Cool cake completely on platter. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
The Rating7 people
Sounds yummy! 5 forksgourmetana in London loved it
oh wow!midgelet in Eastern loved it
I'll Tell Ya, Since I Have Moved To The South, I Have Become A Coconut Cake Addict. This Recipe Sounds Really Tasty And I Just Have To Try It. ^5 From Me. Thnx For Sharing.
Steffgoblue434 in Anniston loved it
Sweet Tooth448 members
Comfort Foods773 members
Piece Of Cake376 members
Southern Essentials226 members
Grandma Junes Kitchen85 members
Southern Cooks561 members
Cookies And Sweets452 members
Good Down Home Southern Food196 members
Sweet Suite159 members