Chickenless Chicken And DumplingsFrom sjbenoist 5 years ago
- 4 Tbsp butter or margarine shopping list
- 1/2 Cup Chopped onion shopping list
- 1/2 Cup Chopped celery shopping list
- 1/2 Cup flour shopping list
- 1/2 Tsp pepper shopping list
- 8 Cups vegetable broth shopping list
- 2 Medium carrots (sliced) shopping list
- 1/4 Lbs chicken substitute (I prefer Match, though Morningstar Farms should work fine). shopping list
- 1 Bay Leaf shopping list
- DUMPLINGS shopping list
- 1 Cup flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 Tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 Tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 Cup milk shopping list
- 2 Tbsp oil shopping list
How to make it
- 1.Melt your butter into a 4 quart pot and sautee the onion and celery until they begin to soften.
- 2. Add pepper and flour to create a heavy coating/paste.
- 3. Add broth slowly (I like 2 cups at a time) while stirring, bring to a boil.
- 4. Add carrots, Bay Leaf, and Chicken-substitute.
- 5. Mix and add Dumplings (see below), reduce heat and let simmer 15 minutes.
- Mix dry ingredients (Flour, Baking Powder, & Salt) well. Add Milk & Oil to moisten dough. Roll by hand into 1 1/2" balls.
The Cooksjbenoist Saint Charles, MO
The Rating2 people
i've been reading the book"Eating Animals". excellent. But, I've never tried chicken substitute. I'm going to get some today. I plan to cut back on meat and know where it came from.
Thanks for the recipe. 5ladychablis in Pittsburgh loved it
Another bookmark.....this looks like a keeper. Again, thanks for sharing!chuckieb in Ottawa loved it
Made this last night. Really good. And as you say...comfort food! Excellent recipe. Thanks!
P.S. I just wanted to add my 'little' picture below but it actually downloaded on to the big picture cuz I guess you didn't have one yet. Sorry bout ...morechuckieb in Ottawa loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!