Sweet and Sour CarrotsFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 1 pound baby carrots shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and cut in half shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Dressing: shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian sweet paprika shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin shopping list
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons canola or peanut oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Place carrots in a saucepan with the garlic, salt and water to cover.
- Bring to a boil then cover and reduce heat to medium and cook carrots 20 minutes.
- Drain off cooking water and retain the garlic then scoop carrots into a bowl.
- Mash garlic with fork and add it along with paprika, cumin, vinegar, oil and parsley to carrots.
- Toss lightly and taste for seasoning then add additional salt if necessary.
- Let sit until cooled and serve at room temperature.