German Brunch Potato Casserole Kartoffel AuflaufFrom carmenbigred 6 years ago
- 1lb. hot sausage; may use Jimmy Dean shopping list
- 1-1/2c. diced yellow onions shopping list
- 2 boxes Brat-Kartoffeln shopping list
- Custard: shopping list
- 8 extra large eggs, scrambled shopping list
- 2/3c. heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 8oz. pk. shredded sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 2tbs. fresh parsley, finely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- In a large nonstick pan, break up the sausage and brown it over medium heat. Add the diced onions to the sausage and continue sauteing until the onions are softened. Add the potatoes and gently stir to allow the potatoes to separate. Put the sausage, onion, and potato mixture into a non-stick 12x8x2 and allow to cool while you prepare the custard.
- In a bowl, scramble the eggs; then add the cream, parsley and cheese. Pour the custard over the potato, onion, and sausage mixture in the pan. Gently jiggle the pan so the custard can evenly distribute through the pan.
- Place in a 350F pre-heated oven for 45 minutes. The crust will be golden brown. Allow to rest for up to 5 minutes. Cut into 12 even portions.
The Cookcarmenbigred Columbia, SC
The Rating4 people
That's it.. I'm at the 'airport' so have this ready... cab should be coming about NOW!!!!!!! LOLLOL HIGH FIVE FORKS!!!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it