Cod In Coconut Tomato SauceFrom juels 7 years ago
- 3 tbsp. vegetable or olive oil shopping list
- 4 cod fillets (or steaks), can use any other firm fish shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground coriander shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric shopping list
- 1 tsp. garam masala shopping list
- 1 (14 oz. can) chopped fire-roasted tomatoes, or other canned tomatoes shopping list
- 1 cup coconut milk shopping list
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro, or parsely shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a non-stick skillet. Season the fish with salt and pepper and add to the skillet. Fry until browned on both sides, but not cooked all the way through. Remove to the plate.
- Add the onion, garlic, red bell pepper to the skillet. Sautee for about 5 minutes, or until soft. Add the spices and cook for another minute.
- Add the tomatoes and coconut milk, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for about 8 minutes, or until the liquid is mostly reduced and the sauce is thickened.
- Add the fish to the pan, cover with sauce and simmer gently for another 5 minutes, or until cooked all the way.
- Stir in cilantro or parsely.
- Sirve immediately over rice, spoon the sauce over the fish.
The Cookjuels Clayton, NC
The Rating7 people
Joyce said it well. Yummmo!
TerryRterryr in Henderson loved it
I think this is a winner.rottman in Nottingham loved it
I made this the other night and it was really very good, though I found I needed to add a bit of salt and pepper and some curry powder. I will definitely make this again, but will add something sweet and something hot - maybe spicy curry and/or thos...morediverdawg in Danville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!