Southern Crab Cakes With Remoulade Dipping Sauce - Diabetic FriendlyFrom spinach1948 4 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 10 ounces fresh lump crabmeat shopping list
- 1 ½ cups fresh white or sourdough bread crumbs, divided shopping list
- ¼ cup chopped green onions shopping list
- ½ cup fat-free or reduced-fat mayonnaise, divided shopping list
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten shopping list
- 2 Tbs. coarse grain or spicy brown mustard, divided shopping list
- ¾ tsp. hot pepper sauce, divided shopping list
- 2 tsp. olive oil, divided shopping list
- lemon wedges shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven at 200. Pick out and discard any shells or cartilage from crabmeat. Combine crabmeat, ¾ cup bread crumbs and green onions in a medium bowl. Add ¼ cup mayonnaise, egg white, 1 tablespoon mustard and ½ teaspoon pepper sauce; mix well. Using ¼ cup mixture per cake, shape into 8 ( ½ inch-thick ) cakes. Roll crab cakes lightly in remaining ¾ cup bread crumbs.
- Heat large non-stick skillet over medium heat; add 1 teaspoon oil. Add 4 crab cakes; cook 4-5 minutes per side or until golden brown. Transfer to serving platter; keep warm in oven. Repeat with remaining 1 teaspoon oil and crab cakes.
- To prepare dipping sauce, combine remaining ¼ cup mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon mustard and ¼ teaspoon hot pepper sauce in small bowl; mix well.
- Serve crab cakes warm with lemon wedges and dipping sause.
- Nutritional Values: Serving size: 1 crab cake with 1 ½ teaspoons sauce, Calories per serving: 81, Fat: 2g, Sodium: 376mg, Cholesterol: 30mg, Carbohydrate: 8g, Fiber: 1g, Protein: 7g
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1 meat, ½ starch
- NOTE: This is a Diabetic Friendly Recipe.
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating9 people
Very very nicehungrybear in Miner loved it
New favorite! TQ and Happy New Year, Maretheiris in Garden City loved it
This sounds wonderful. A 5 from me.
tablescape in loved it
Southern Essentials223 members
Party Food316 members
Fish And Seafood306 members
NEW ORLEANS64 members
Low Carbs18 members
Anything Goes286 members
Appetizers And Dips268 members
101 A Diabetic Low Carb Place158 members
Party Foods24 members
Heres The FoodWheres The Party14 members