Cousin Rachels Pecan PieFrom jo_jo_ba 6 years ago
- Pastry for a single-crust, 6" pie, docked but unbaked shopping list
- 1 tbsp egg replacer, prepared shopping list
- 2 (dry) oz honey shopping list
- 2 (dry) oz corn syrup shopping list
- 1/3 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 2 1/2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk shopping list
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour shopping list
- 2 oz salted butter, melted shopping list
- 1.5 oz (4 tsp) non-hydrogenated margarine, melted shopping list
- 4.5 oz (3/4 cup) chopped pecans shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Par-bake the pastry shell 5 minutes, set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350F.
- In a large bowl, beat egg replacer until frothy.
- Add honey, corn syrup, brown sugar and cream, beating well.
- Stir in tapioca flour followed by the melted butter, margarine, pecans and vanilla.
- Pour into the pie shell, smoothing top.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350F, then reduce oven to 300F and bake 15 minutes longer. Tent with foil if needed.
- Cool completely before cutting.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating3 people
When I saw the name Rachel on the recipe, my first thought was Rachel Raye who I can't stand. Boy, am I glad I checked this out. It sounds great.joe1155 in Munchen loved it
Sweet Tooth447 members
Good To Freeze128 members
Comfort Foods773 members
Vegetarian Food Lover425 members
A Slice Of Pie126 members
Food Blogs60 members
Whole Foods142 members
Good Down Home Southern Food196 members
Christmas All Year182 members
Eggless Cooking Egg Substitues50 members