Tangerine Custard TartFrom tablescape 7 years ago
- For the tart: shopping list
- 12 egg yolks shopping list
- 1 cup (8 fl oz) (250 ml) fresh tangerine juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup (4 fl oz) (125 ml) fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups (12 oz) (375 g) granulated sugar shopping list
- 8 tbs (4 oz) (125g) unsalted butter , cut into small bits shopping list
- Grated zest of 6 tangerines shopping list
- 2 tbs mandarin orange liqueur or your choice shopping list
- Basic pie pastry for a double-crust pie shell shopping list
- For the topping: shopping list
- 2 cups (16 fl oz) (500 ml) heavy (double) cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup (1 1/2 oz) (45g) sifted confectioners' (icing) sugar shopping list
- Grated zest of 4 tangerines shopping list
- Mandarin oarnge liqueur to taste or your choice shopping list
How to make it
- To make the filling;
- Combine the egg yolks, juices and sugar in a bowl. Strain into a heavy stainless-steel suacepan or the top part of a double boiler set over, but not touching, simmering water and whisk the mixture constantly until thick. Stir in the butter, zest and mandarin orange liqueur. Cover and chill for at least 3 hours or up to 2 days.
- Roll out half of the pastry and use it to line a 10-inch (25cm) tart pan. Repeat with the other half of the pastry. Set the shells aside in the freezer for 30 minutes. Fully bake the pie shells. (See directions below) Cool completely, then spread equal amounts of tangerine filling in each pie shell.
- To make the toppin:
- In a bow,l whip the cream until it holds soft peaks; beat in the confectioners' sugar, tangerine zest and mandarin orange liqueur. Spread the cream evenly over the top of each pie, flilling almost to the edges.
- For the pie shells:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (200C). Line the pie shell with aluminum foil and fill with dried beans or pie weights. Bake for 10 minutes, then lower the heat to 350 degrees (180C) and continue baking until the shell is golden brown, about 15-20 minutes longer. Remove the weights and aluminum foil during the last 5 minutes of baking. Let cool completely on a rack.
The Cooktablescape FL
The Rating3 people
Awright.. got the jet ready.. be there in a few:) Good and yummy... HIGH FIVE FORKS..spoons..knives napkins plates... hahasnowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
Never had a tangerine custard yet, but love tangerines! I am sure I will enjoy this, thanks!juels in Clayton loved it
yummy!!!!!!twill10 in Cape Girardeau loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!