Tuscan Style Grilled Chicken SandwichFrom darbar 8 years ago
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 4 teaspoons prepared pesto shopping list
- 2 4x4-inch squares focaccia or ciabatta* shopping list
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breast halves shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 4 thin slices fresh mozzarella shopping list
- 2 canned artichoke hearts, drained, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 plum tomato, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 cup mixed baby greens shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare grill (medium-high heat). Combine mayonnaise and pesto in small bowl; whisk to blend. Cut bread horizontally in half. Brush chicken lightly with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill chicken until just cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to cutting board; cool slightly. Cut chicken on sharp diagonal into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Spread pesto mayonnaise onto cut surfaces of bread. Layer chicken, mozzarella, artichokes, tomato, and greens onto bottom halves. Top with bread tops.
- * An Italian flatbread available at many bakeries and supermarkets.