Busy Day Layered CasseroleFrom craftyazgirl 5 years ago
- 1 Ib. lean ground meat shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. pepper shopping list
- Dash oregano shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion shopping list
- 1 cup chopped green pepper shopping list
- 2 cups finely grated carrots shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. chopped parsley shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely sliced celery shopping list
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. fine bread crumbs shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- In a skillet, brown the meat in the butter. Break up meat with a wooden spoon as it starts to get brown.
- Add salt, pepper and oregano. Set aside.
- In a lightly greased baking dish, arrange onion, pepper, carrots, parsley, celery, meat and Cheddar cheese in even layers. Pat gently to smooth top.
- Pour the tomato sauce over top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs.
- Bake at 375°F for about 1 hour or until vegetables are cooked and top of casserole lightly browned.
- Let casserole stand for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Tips: You may add 1 can (16 oz.) kernel corn, well drained to the casserole. Or thin sliced squash or any of your favorite veggie,It then serves 6 to 8 people.