Fontina N Gorgonzola CrostiniFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- Servings: 8 shopping list
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 8 ounces fresh exotic mushrooms, (such as shiitake or oyster), sliced shopping list
- 8 ounces portobello mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon mixed fresh herbs, such as thyme, rosemary, basil, minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley, minced shopping list
- salt and freshly-ground pepper, to taste shopping list
- 8 slices rustic country-style bread, toasted shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and halved shopping list
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Fontina cheese, grated shopping list
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) gorgonzola cheese, crumbled shopping list
- juice of 1/2 lemon shopping list
- Whole flat-leaf parsley leaves, for garnish shopping list
- . shopping list
How to make it
- Cooking Directions
- :Preheat oven to broil.
- Heat olive oil and butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook until the liquid has evaporated and mushrooms are dry, about 10 minutes. Add mixed herbs and parsley, and toss to mix. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Rub each side of toasted bread slices lightly with garlic clove. Divide and distribute warm mushrooms on top of bread slices. Combine the cheeses and sprinkle evenly over mushrooms. Place mushroom toasts under hot broiler. Broil until cheese melts, 30 to 60 seconds. Place the toast slices on serving platter and drizzle with lemon juice. Garnish with parsley leaves. Serve immediately.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating8 people
This is a fantastic recipe it brings back memories of my late Nona on my fathers mother. She would make this when I came home from school and my mother was out. We live in the same house.
Edspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
I LOVE this! It is one of my favorite appetizers... definitely! Cheese, mushrooms and bread... Yum! (I love your new avatar, by the way :))
5 forksgourmetana in London loved it
Real nice love it.
Artabbott41 in Boston loved it