Crockpot Pork Loin RoastFrom otterpond 7 years ago
How to make it
- Wash the pork and pat dry.
- Using a small strainer distribute the dry rub on the pork. I use the spoon to rub the seasoning into the pork. This keeps more seasoning on the pork rather than my hands. Using the strainer and tapping it with the spoon gives a more even distribution than with the fingers.
- Press the whole cloves into the pork. You can go ahead and cook it now if you like or let it rest over night. I like to give my pork the time to enjoy its rub down and as a result the oinkers have always given me his best.
- Slice 1 whole onion and place slices in bottom of crockpot and cover with 1 cup water. Place the pork onto the top of the onions. Cook on low for 4-5 hours. The onions keep the pork out of the drippings and are also a wonderful onion gravy when serving.
- See Black Rum Cherry Sauce Recipe for suggested toppping.