Spiralini With Blue Cheese Sauce Gluten Free VersionFrom frantic 4 years ago
- SAUCE shopping list
- 85g (3oz) cream cheese, room temperature or softened (Neufchatel) shopping list
- 60g (2oz) blue cheese (roquefort or stilton is excellent) shopping list
- 1/3 cup olive oil (extra virgin for the taste) shopping list
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley (Italian, of course) shopping list
- 1/3 cup finely chopped basil leaves shopping list
- 2 tbspn finely chopped fresh chives (I used garlic chives) shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 500g (1 lb) cooked spiralini (or other pasta of choice) I used gluten free. shopping list
- TO SERVE shopping list
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, or to taste shopping list
- cracked pepper (to taste) shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-prepare all ingredients.
- Mix together cream cheese and blue cheese until smooth.
- Gradually mix in the oil.
- Stir in basil, parsley, chives and garlic.
- Set aside.
- Cook pasta to al dente, rinse with hot water and drain
- TO SERVE
- Put hot pasta in plate and spoon over the sauce.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and toss gently to mix thoroughly. The heat of the pasta will help to incorporate the sauce.
- Pass extra parmesan and pepper to taste
- Add a glass of Lambrusco
- Magnifico. Buon appetito!
The Cookfrantic Cleve, AU
The Rating4 people
Heck, I'd eat a tenderloin smothered in this sauce.floridiangourmet in Hudson loved it
This is great.
Edspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
Ed told me about this, man this is fantastic.
5 forks from me.
Artabbott41 in Boston loved it