Hake in Oil and Vinegar SauceFrom debra47 8 years ago
- l pound of hake or any other white fish like red snapper or bass shopping list
- salt shopping list
- freshly ground pepper shopping list
- flour shopping list
- 1 tbsp butter shopping list
- 3/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion, thickly sliced shopping list
- 1 green pepper, seeded and cut into strips shopping list
- 1/8 tsp oregano shopping list
- 1 1/2 - 2 tbsp white vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Season the fish with salt and pepper and then dredge in flour.
- Remove excess flour.
- Heat the butter in a skillet and saute the fish until lightly browned on each side.
- This should take about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked fish to a shallow serving dish and keep warm.
- Heat the oil in a medium sized frying pan and add the onion and pepper strips.
- Cook over low heat until the onions are soft and very lightly browned.
- Stir in oregano and cook for a minute.
- Pour in the vinegar and stir.
- Pour this mixture over the fish and serve immediately.