Herb Roasted Chicken With Braised GreensFrom pleclare 5 years ago
- 3 Tbs choped mixed fresh herbs(such as rosemary,sage,thyme and parsley) shopping list
- 1 Tbs Dijon mustard shopping list
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 3 to 4 lb. chicken,quartered shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 2 slices bacon,diced shopping list
- 1 large red onion,diced shopping list
- 2 bunches kale,collard or mustard greens(a mix also works well)stemmed and torn shopping list
- 3/4 c chicken stock shopping list
How to make it
- Mix herbs,mustard and olive oil in a on-reactive baking dish. Add tge chicken,season with salt and pepper and turn to coat evenly. Cover and marinate in refrigerator at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450. Place chicken on foil-lined baking sheet and roast until the meat is cooked through and the skin is crisp.,35 to 40 mins.
- Meanwhile saute bacon in deep pan or dutch oven over med. heat until rendered,about 5 mins. Add onion and cook till translucent,6 to 7 mins. Add the greens in batches and saute till wilted,about 4 mins. Add the chicken stock,cover and gently braise over low heat till tender,about 40 mins. Season with salt and pepper and serve with chicken.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating5 people
Mt konda 'ears':) HIGH FIVE FORKS!!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
This sounds like a great chicken recipe. I'm sure to make it in the springtime when my herbs start again. BTW, you forgot "the chicken" in your ingredients.merlin in San Francisco loved it
YUM!! As Usual!! ^5a1patti in Salem loved it