Tequila Spiked Carmel PopcornFrom choclytcandy 6 years ago
- 16 cups air-popped popcorn shopping list
- 1/2 cup salted roasted peanuts shopping list
- 1 cup light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 stick unsalted butter shopping list
- 3 tbs agave nectar (also called agave syrup) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbs tequila shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees and position racks in the upper and middle thirds. Toss the popcorn with the roasted peanuts in a large heatproof bowl.
- In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, with the butter, agave nectar, corn syrup and salt and bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar is completely dissolved. Boil over moderate heat for 4 minutes. Remove from the heat. Using a long spoon, stir in the baking soda and tequila; the syrup will foam. Immediately pour the hot syrup over the popcorn and peanuts and using two spoons, toss to coat thoroughly.
- Spread the popcorn on 2 nonstick baking sheets and bake for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally and switching the sheets halfway through, until golden and nearly dry. Turn off the oven, open the oven door completely and let the popcorn cool completely before serving.