Spicy Mayonnaise PrawnsFrom wokkingmum 9 years ago
- 10 (or more) Medium prawns, shells removed, back slit and devien. shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
- 2 tablespoon cornflour shopping list
- A pinch of salt shopping list
- oil for frying shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Chilli Sauce shopping list
- 3 tablespoon mayonnaise (I use Japanese Mayo) shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon Fresh milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Mix prawns, egg, salt and cornflour together.
- Combine ingredients for sauce and set aside.
- Deep fry prawns till golden brown.
- Remove and drain.
- In a wok, add 1/2 tablespoon oil, add the combined sauce and prawns
- Stir fry in low heat till the prawns are coated with sauce.
- Dish and serve hot.
- I used two egg yolks instead of a whole egg to achieve a more yellow look for the prawns. Using whole egg is fine.
- Add more chilli sauce if you prefer it to be more spicy or you can add tomato sauce instead if kids are having it. Personally, adding chilli sauce taste better compared to tomato sauce. I tried that. *wink*