Poppyseed Lemon CakeFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 2/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 8 large egg yolks shopping list
- 1 large whole egg shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest (from 2 lemons) shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 2 sticks (1/2 pound) unsalted butter, melted and cooled a bit shopping list
- 1/2 cup poppy seeds shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 325°F Butter and flour an 8-inch* fluted Bundt or tube pan very generously. as this cake tends to stick to the pan
- Butter the dull side of a circle of foil about 10 inches in circumference
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk, beat the sugar with the egg yolks and whole egg at medium-high speed until the mixture is pale yellow and very fluffy, about 8 minutes.
- Beat in the lemon zest.
- Sift the flour and cornstarch over the egg mixture and fold in with a rubber spatula.
- At medium speed, beat in the butter, then beat in the poppy seeds.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and cover tightly with the buttered foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the cake pulls away from the side of the pan and a cake tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the foil and let the cake cool in the pan on a rack for 15 minutes.
- Invert the cake onto the rack and let cool completely before serving, at least 30 minutes.
- Do ahead: The cake can be wrapped in plastic and foil and left at room temperature for up to 3 days.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating7 people
luv lemon in a pound cake awsome thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Very good!!superfoodman in Metropolis loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
Piece Of Cake376 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
The Holiday Dessert Table124 members
Sweet Treats15 members
Lemon Lovers166 members
Unique And Unusual Recipes84 members
Cakes Of Any Type142 members
Cake OLicious60 members