Cottage Cheese Stuffed PerogiesFrom kimd63 5 years ago
- cottage cheese Filling: shopping list
- 1 lrg container of dry cottage cheese curds shopping list
- 3 egg yolks shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- Dough: shopping list
- 2 c. flour shopping list
- 1/2 c. milk shopping list
- 1/2 c. cream shopping list
- 3 egg whites shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
How to make it
- For the cottage cheese mixture blend the cottage cheese curds until they are finely chopped.
- Mix the cottage cheese, egg yolks, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- For the dough mix the flour and salt together.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour mixture and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix the dough. You may need to add more flour or milk to get your dough to the right consistency, but this dough needs to be more on the firmer side.
- Roll out dough fairly thin, and cut out circles.
- Place a dollop of the cottage cheese mixture on cut our circles, fold in half, and seal the perogy closed. Make sure your perogies are sealed really tight or else they will come open in the boiling water and lose there filling.
- Take the leftover scraps of dough and form into a ball and roll out again to make more perogies. Keep doing this until you have used all the dough.
- Bring a large pot of water to a medium boil, and cook about 5 or 6 perogies at a time for about 5 mins. in the boiling water.
- Scoop out the cooked perogies and place in a container and coat with a thin layer of butter. I do this so that the perogies don't stick together, and to add some flavour.
The Cookkimd63 Grande Prairie, CA
The Rating4 people
Sounds wonderful and not to difficult to make. Thanks for the informative post.valinkenmore in Malott loved it
Hello fellow 'Michigander' I hail from Detroit, myself.. actually 'Hamtramck.. u need a 'passport' to get in.. old family joke:).. Well now I know where to come for perogies.. ur house!! HIGH FIVE FORKS!!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
sounds fantastic, thanks for sharing!midgelet in Eastern loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!