Rolled Bread stuffed with Sausage and CheeseFrom mommylotte 4 years ago
How to make it
- Cut the crust off the bread then flatten with a rolling pin or with anything that can flatten the bread.
- Cut the sausage and cheese into strips a little shorter than the width of the bread.
- Arrange a strip of cheese and sausage at the center.
- Brush the ends of the bread with the beaten egg.
- Roll the bread and press to seal.
- Brush each rolled bread with egg.Also,brush the edges .
- Roll them in the flour. Sprinkle the open edges with more flour to seal the cheese inside and prevent from oozing out when it melts during frying.
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan until it starts to smoke slightly.
- Fry the bread rolls,turning the bread for even browning.
- The frying part should be very very short.Just long enough to brown the bread but not to get it soaked too much oil.And just long enough to heat the sausage and melt the cheese But not liquefy the cheese totally!
- Place the fried rolled bread in a paper towel.
- Cut each piece into two diagonally.
- Sprinkle with parsley.