Rustic Pear Tarts with Vanilla Ice CreamFrom sosousme 4 years ago
- 1 (10-ounce) package puff pastry, thawed shopping list
- 2 large bosc pears, peeled, cut in half, cored and sliced (about 1/8th to 1/4 inch thick) shopping list
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled, halved, cored and sliced (like the pear) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries shopping list
- 2 tablespoons toasted walnut pieces (or pecan, or almonds) shopping list
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 2 tablespoons melted butter shopping list
- vanilla ice cream, or whipped cream shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheet on a floured work surface to 1/8th inch thickness. Using a 6-inch plate as an aid, cut out 2 rounds. Gather the remaining dough and roll again; cut another 6 inch round. Repeat with the second sheet. Place the rounds onto a heavy large baking sheet, or 2 if necessary. Prick the centers (leave about 1/2 inch on the side unpricked so they will puff, if you don't prick the centers then the whole thing will puff and throw all your filling off, and that's not a good thing)
- Place the pear and apple slices in a large bowl. Toss with half of the sugar, the cinnamon and the lemon juice. Add the dried cranberries and walnuts (or whatever nuts). Divide between the rounds, spreading it out to the unpricked part of the puff pastry. Sprinkle with the remaining sugar and brush the tops with melted butter.
- Bake in the lower half of the oven until the fruit is tender and the pastry is golden, about 22 minutes.
- Let stand for a few minutes to cool. top with ice cream or whipped cream, your choice.