Broccoli QuicheFrom eleven 9 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups frozen broccoli, steamed until tender shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms (I used portabello, white would be fine) shopping list
- 1 med. onion, chopped shopping list
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 cup shredded cheddar, divided shopping list
- 3 pieces cooked bacon, crumbled shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 2 tbs. olive oil shopping list
- 2 tbs. butter shopping list
- 1 frozen pie crust, or your own homemade shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In saute pan, melt butter, add olive oil. Add chopped onion, garlic and mushrooms, cook until just tender (3-5 minutes). Add broccoli (previously steamed and tossed with salt and pepper to taste), heat through. Remove from heat, set aside.
- Whisk together cream, eggs, egg yolk and 3/4 cup of the shredded cheese. Add about a teaspoon of salt and 8 twists of the pepper grinder to this mixture. Don't overdo it, but you don't want it bland, either.
- Layer the remaining 1/4 cup of shredded cheese onto the crust. Top with the broccoli mixture. Pour over all the cream/egg mixture and with wooden spoon, gently mix down into the vegetables. Top with crumbled bacon pieces.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.