Sheperds Pie with Mushroom GravyFrom lanabade 7 years ago
- 2 pounds russet potatoes shopping list
- 1 clove smashed garlic. shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons veg. oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef(85 %)lean shopping list
- 2 tsps.worcestershire sauce. shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste. shopping list
- 1/2 cup low-sodium beef stock. shopping list
- 1/2 large onion,finely chopped shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper/julienned. shopping list
- 2 zucchini/julenned shopping list
- 2 carrots,peeled and grated. shopping list
- 1 tsp. hungarian hot paprika,plus more to garnish shopping list
- 4 ounces havarti cheese,grated shopping list
- mushroom Gravy(see receipe) shopping list
How to make it
- PREHEAT oven 375 degrees
- in a medium,cover potatoes and the crushed garlic with water to cover by 1 inch.
- Add some salt,bring to a boil over high heat.,reduce to medium-high and cook until fork tender,about15 minutes
- Drain potatoes,return to pot
- Mash with 3 tablespoons of the butter and the heavy cream.
- Season with salt and pepper. to taste and set aside.
- In a large pan on medium-high heat.
- ,combine 1 tablesppon butter and 1 tablespoon oil.
- When the butter has melted,add the beef,worcestershire sauce,cayenne pepper,and salt and pepper to taste,cook until the meat has browned.
- Stir in the tomato paste and saute for a few minutes.
- Add stock and simmer.
- season and remove mixture to a bowl.
- in the same pan,add remaining butter and oil and saute' onions till almost tender.
- Add red bell pepper,zucchini,carrots and paprika.
- cook until tender,about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- In a 9X 12 inch baking dish,layer half the beef,prssing down to pack in.
- Sprinkle the cheese over evenly.
- pour the remaining half of beef over the cheese and press down.
- Next,add sauteed vegetables over this and top with the mashed potatoes,spreading out with a spatula to even out and form decorative peaks and valleys.
- Sprinkle top with paprika and bake for 30 minutes or until edges on potatoes turn golden brown,
- serve with mushroom gravy.
- Mushroom-Onion Gravy:
- 1/2 large onion,chopped
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms,sliced
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 cups beef stock
- Freshly ground black pepper ans salt to taste
- In a medium saucepan,over medium heat,saute onions and mushrooms in oil till tender and mushrooms release their moisture about 5 minutes.
- Add flour and stit to evenly coat.
- Slowly whisk in wine and then broth.
- simmer until thickened and season with salt and pepper,to taste.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cooklanabade Goshen, NJ
The Rating13 people
This is so differant and sounds so delicious. I deffinatly will try this.
P.S. Great job should be a 10 reting.spinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
Wow, this sounds so delicious! I know what were eating tomorrow!! Thanks.
Desdeslovescookin in El Mirage loved it
Good!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
Family Favorites141 members
Casserole Comfort132 members
Checkin Central284 members
GROUND BEEF96 members
The Way To A Mans Heart61 members
Church Fellowship At GroupRecipescom28 members
The Facebook Group Recipes Recipes Group46 members
Sundays Dinner9 members