Spiced Apple CakeFrom schmutzie 7 years ago
- 3 green apples shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, melted shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp grated nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 tsp allspice shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup golden raisins shopping list
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar mixed w/ 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- powdered sugar for dusting shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 325. Butter an 8 inch round cake pan. Core and thinly slice apples, leaving skin intact.
- Wisk granulated sugar, butter and egg together in bowl. Stir in two-thirds of apple slices.
- Sift flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and salt together.
- Add egg mixture along with raisins, stirring until just blended.
- Pour into prepared pan and smooth top.
- Arrange remaining apple slices in a pattern on top, pressing gently into batter. Srinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake until golden and spongy to the touch, about 50 minutes.
- Let cake stand on wire rack for 10 minutes, then surn out and let cool completely, about 2 hours.
- Dust with powdered sugar and cut into wedges to serve.