Butter ChickenFrom lor 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter, divided shopping list
- 2 small onions, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 lb (900 g) skinless, boneless chicken breasts, thighs or legs shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) EACH salt and pepper shopping list
- 4 tsp. (20 mL) mild Indian curry paste shopping list
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) minced fresh ginger shopping list
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) ground cinnamon shopping list
- 28-oz (796-mL) can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) plain yogurt shopping list
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh coriander shopping list
How to make it
- Melt half the butter in a Dutch oven or skillet set over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 6-8 minutes.
- Cut each chicken piece in half.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Increase heat under pan to medium-high.
- Add chicken and cook, turning as necessary, until lightly browned.
- Stir in curry paste, ginger and cinnamon.
- Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes, including juices and remaining butter to pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in yogurt and coriander.
- Heat until very hot, without boiling.
- Serve with rice or naan bread.
- Garnish with lime wedges.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating12 people
Ooooooo yummm lor its fantastic thank you so much nice to see you ..........
hugs tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
High 5,have a blessed day!lanabade in Goshen loved it
This sounds so good...Thanks!!wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it