Old Fashioned Lemon Poke CakeFrom midgelet 3 years ago
- 1-1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 2-1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- lemon glaze shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, melted shopping list
- enough fresh lemon juice to make glaze spreadable shopping list
- lemon zest to taste, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325; grease and flour a Bundt pan.
- Mix the softened margarine/butter and sugar until fluffy, which should be easy if the margarine is of the right consistency.
- Then mix in the eggs, doing so thoroughly.
- Add the dry ingredients, rotating with the 1 cup of buttermilk and combine with care, noting how the ingredients make a "perfect" batter.
- Put your lemon zest and lemon juice in last.
- Mix well.
- Pour into the Bundt pan and pop in the oven, baking for approx. 45-50 minutes or tested done
- Perform the "toothpick" test to make certain it is done but don't overcook !!
- Allow to cool on a rack.
- Run a knife around cake in pan for easier removal.
- BUT before poking holes in it after flipping cake out, turn it right-side up again (carefully).
- THEN with a long-tined fork, poke holes in it once on serving plate
- Then spread lemon glaze all over it.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating9 people
Sounds great to me! I'm gona try making that with my daughter soon!bostyn in San Diego loved it
Yum,5 forks!lanabade in Goshen loved it
Perfect, just perfect. I am a true fan of lemons and this Oldfashioned Lemon Poke cake is a 5 fork winner.laadeedaa in loved it