Crockpot White Chicken Chipolte ChiliFrom otterpond 4 years ago
- 2 cup cooked chicken shopping list
- 1 cup onions, Diced shopping list
- 1 medium pepper red bell pepper, Raw shopping list
- 1 pepper poblano pepper, Raw shopping list
- 2 tbsp garlic Minced shopping list
- 3 cup low sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 3 cup cannellini beans (canned) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup great northern beans, canned shopping list
- 1 1/2 serving navy beans, canned, cooked shopping list
- 4 oz Diced Green Chiles shopping list
- 1 chipolte pepper in Adobe sauce + 1 tsp adobe sauce shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup stewed tomatoes, Original Recipe shopping list
- 1/4 tsp spices, cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp oregano, Ground shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
How to make it
- The Chipolte Pepper gives the chili its smokey, warm heat. You can find these canned in Adobe sauce in the Mexican section of the grocery store. Chop one up and make sure not to get any on your hands and then to your eyes. Very painful - yes I've done it.
- The beans in this recipe are canned. 1 typical 15oz can of beans measures into about 1.5 cups with its liquid. The stewed tomatoes are also a single can. Don't bother draining the beans - pour the liquid from the canned beans into the pot.
- CROCKPOT DIRECTIONS:
- Dice the onion and pepper. Mince the garlic. If using cooked chicken on the bone, remove the chicken from the bone. I used left-over, broiled chicken leg quarters. 2 cups from this chicken is 4 leg quarters.
- Process one cup chicken broth and 1 can cannellini beans in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Put in all the remaining ingredients, stir, and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookotterpond Orlando, FL
The Rating7 people
Yummo!!pleclare in Framingham loved it
Perfection in chili heat...love my great northern beans. They are a favorite bean to use.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Sounds so yummy!!!wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!