Pork and Beef and Black Bean ChiliFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- • 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- • 1 pound ground pork shopping list
- • 1 pound ground beef shopping list
- • 1 pound chuck steak, fat trimmed, cut into 1-inch cubes shopping list
- • 6 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- • 2 cups water shopping list
- • 2 tablespoons ground cumin shopping list
- • 2 tablespoons chili powder shopping list
- • 2 teaspoons dried oregano shopping list
- • 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- • 1 Teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- • 3 6- ounce cans tomato paste shopping list
- • 2 teaspoons sugar shopping list
- • 3 cups diced fresh tomatoes shopping list
- • 3 cups diced onions shopping list
- • 3 cups diced red bell peppers shopping list
- • 3 cups canned black beans, drained, rinsed (from three 15-ounce cans) shopping list
- • 1 Cup chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- • 2 3/4 cups (about) beef broth shopping list
- • Grated cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- • Heat olive oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add ground pork and ground beef and sauté until brown, about 3 minutes.
- • Add cubed beef and garlic and sauté 5 minutes. Add 2 cups water; bring to boil. Add cumin, chili powder, oregano, salt, and cayenne pepper. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 10 minutes.
- • Add tomato paste and sugar and simmer 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, onions, and peppers and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.
- • Add black beans and cilantro to chili. Add beef broth 3/4 cup at a time, until thinned to desired consistency. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead.
- Refrigerate uncovered until cold, then cover and keep refrigerated.)
- • Bring chili to simmer. Ladle hot chili into bowls; top with grated cheddar cheese and serve.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating8 people
WOW!!!! five forky!goodeat in Benton loved it
Great sounding chili recipe. Can not wait to try it. High Five !
J and Mquaziefly in ALL POINTS loved it
YAY!~!!! My kinda chili... How r ya peeta dear?hope ur doing great.. be good talk with ya soon:) HIGH FIVE FORKS!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!