Caraway Chicken Breasts with Sweet and Sour Red CabbageFrom pleclare 4 years ago
- 1 tsp caraway seeds shopping list
- 1.2 tsp (scant) allspice,divided shopping list
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breat halves shopping list
- 1 Tbs olive oil shopping list
- 1 slice applewood smoked bacon,cut crosswise in 1/2" strips shopping list
- 3 c thinly sliced red cabbage shopping list
- 1/3 c sliced shallots(about 2 med.) shopping list
- 1/2 c chicken broth shopping list
- 2-1/2 Tbs balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 Tbs (packed)brown sugar shopping list
- chopped fresh chives(optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle caraway and 1/4 tsp allspice on both sides of chicken breasts. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large,nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add bacon;cook till crisp. Transfer to plate
- Add chicken to drippings in skillet;saute till coked through,about 5 mins a side. Transfer to plate;tent with foil
- Add cabbage,shallots,broth vinegar,sugar and 1/4 tsp allspice to same skilllet;cook oveer med-high heat until liquid is reduced to glaze and cabbage is crisp tender,6 mins. Mix in bacon.
- Season with salt and pepper. Slice chicken;divide chicken and cabbage between 2 plates. Top with chives if desired.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating6 people
This sounds REALLY good! Too bad Brad hates caraway seeds. But I could leave them out, I guess. But then it wouldn't be "Caraway Chicken Breasts" now would it! LOLjustjakesmom in Everett loved it
This sounds wonderful and Rick eats rye bread w/caraway seeds every day!! I love red cabbage, sweet and sour too. thank you!!ttaaccoo in Buffalo loved it
Good job.mrsclause in North Pole loved it