Friendship BreadFrom karlyn255 6 years ago
- bread starter shopping list
- •1/4 cup warm water (110 degrees F.) shopping list
- •1/4 ounce envelope active dry yeast (apprx. 2-1/4 teaspoons) shopping list
- •1 cup sugar shopping list
- •1 cup flour shopping list
- •1 cup warm milk (110 degrees F.) shopping list
- •Four 1 gallon-sized resealable plastic bags shopping list
- In a glass measuring cup, add 1/4 cup warm water. Add yeast. shopping list
- Allow yeast to dissolve. shopping list
- This takes about 10 minutes. shopping list
- Stir to combine. shopping list
- Set aside. shopping list
- In a large non-metal bowl, combine sugar and flour with wire whisk. Slowly add milk and then yeast. shopping list
- Stir until combined. shopping list
- Place 3/4 cup of the starter in each of the plastic bags. (The excess will go into the bag you're keeping.) Give the other 3 bags to friends with a copy of these instructions. shopping list
- This is Day One of the Amish Friendship bread instructions. shopping list
- At day 10 use this recipe shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 (5 ounce) instant vanilla pudding mix shopping list
- ---- shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- ---- shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, lightly toasted shopping list
How to make it
- Making Friendship Bread - Days One Through Five
- Day One is the day that the bag is received.
- On Days Two through Day Five, the bag is carefully shaken.
- Be sure to securely hold the resealable end of the bag while shaking and/or kneading.
- If air builds-up in the bag, open it to release it.
- Reseal the bag.
- Day Six is the day that the starter is "fed" or added-to.
- Add 1 cup each of flour, sugar and milk.
- Again, carefully shake the bag to mix in the newly added ingredients.
- Shake and/or knead the bag to fully mix in the recently added ingredients.
- Making Friendship Bread - Days Seven Through Nine
- The bag is shaken and/or kneaded on Days Seven, Eight and Nine. Release any additional air as necessary.
- Dump the ingredients into a plastic or other non-metal bowl. Add 1 cup each flour, sugar and milk. Stir until combined.
- Measure out one cup of starter into one of three large resealable bags. Give these to your friends along with the directions. The remaining starter is used to make the bread. Follow the below recipe to make basic Friendship Bread. From this point forward, the Friendship Bread is made similar to a traditional quick bread.
- Baking instructions
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease two 8x4-inch loaf pans. Combine the first set of ingredients (from flour to under pudding mix) under Basic Bread Recipe in a large bowl with a wire whisk.
- In a medium bowl, combine the second set of ingredients, from vegetable oil to vanilla. Mix well.
- To the dry ingredients, add the leftover starter and wet ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Carefully, pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 1 hour.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookkarlyn255 Ypsilanti, MI
The Rating4 people
This is lovely :)aussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it
THANK-YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH
for sharing this 'Timeless' "5"FORK!!!!!
Recipe~ Because of my recent move I lost this
'Much-Loved' Friend Starter!
mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
omg!! i have been trying to find this recipe forever!! my best friend gave me one and didnt give me the starter recipe or whatever. now i can start my own!! :Dlovintheweather in Sacramento loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!